For each lesson in this course you will watch an episode from the Netflix series, Abstract. Each episode features an artist in a specific design discipline. There is 8 lessons in this course. (Netflix has made the series available on Youtube.)
In each lesson there is:
- Points to be pondered, discussed or reflected upon regarding design and the elements of it.
- Some assignments like recording quotes, research and reflecting on the artist and episode. (Included in the course are some notebook worksheets to complete your assignments.)
- Lastly, there is 2 projects to complete for each artist/episode. (Ranging from creating an illustration series to creating a stage design and other pieces that would be great as art/design portfolio pieces.)
Please allow at least 1-4 weeks for each lesson, as planning, executing and compiling presentations of the projects will take up some time.
Please note the following:
* This course is designed to accompany the Netflix series: “Abstract: the art of design”, Season 1.
** Please be aware that strong language is used in this series, parental discretion is advised.
*** We recommend this course for older students, 14-18 years or older.
**** Requirements for this course:
- Internet and Youtube availability, or a Netflix subscription,
- computer with basic presentation program, and printer,
- phone with camera,
- various art supplies including, but not limited to markers, cardboard, paper in various thicknesses, pencils, ruler, paint, stronghold glue, craft knife, scissors, sculpting clay, etc.